At FactoryNissanParts.net, we think all Nissan vehicles deserve dedicated fans, but we know the Z car probably has the most loyal following. Can you believe the original Z - the Nissan Fairlady Z in Japan and the Datsun 240Z in the U.S. - was introduced nearly 50 years ago?!
To celebrate one of our favorite Nissans, we made a Z car poster. The best part? It's free to download, and you can get a high quality print for less than $10 at Vista Print, Short Run Posters, or U Printing.
We hope you’ll enjoy this and share it with other Z fans.
NOTE: We're also offering a computer background - scroll down to find your screen size!
While you wait for your poster to print, enjoy these Z car fun facts:
- Yutaka Katayama is credited with coming up with the Z car concept. He believed a sports car should be attainable for many and wanted it priced accordingly.
- The 1970 240Z had an MSRP of $3,601. Even today, the Z car is priced as one of the lowest in its class.
- Nissan resisted referring to the 240Z as a sports car and wanted it identified as a “personal” car.
- The 240Z was equipped with a manual choke and always had to be choked to start.
- The Datsun label was dropped when the 300Z was introduced in the mid 1980s.
- In 2004, NISMO introduced its version of the Fairlady Z, and the Z won its first race.
- Nissan will introduce the 2018 Heritage Edition Z car to celebrate the Z’s big 5-0 a little early. The car starts at just $30,855.
If posters aren't your thing or you'd rather have a free computer background, just choose a size from the list below.